Thai Coconut Steamed Mussels
- 2 lbs Mussels
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Lime, squeezed
- 1/4 cup Parsley, fresh
- 1 small onion - minced
- 1 cup Chicken stock, low-sodium
- 1 Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tbsp Butter or margarine
- 1 Splash Heavy Cream or Half/Half
- 1/2 cup White wine, dry
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- Clean Mussels and put aside in a separate bowl.
- In a large pot, add the garlic and minced onions with a splash of olive oil. Cook the onions and garlic until the onions begin to become clear.
- Add the chopped parsley, butter into the pot and continue to mix.
- Pour in the White Wine, Coconut Milk and Heavy Cream.
- Begin to add all of the Mussels into the pot.
- Cover and steam for about 5-8 minutes or until all of the mussels have entirely opened up.
- Pair with either rice, pasta or dip whole wheat bread into the broth!!