1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs
1/2 of a Lemon
Drizzle of Olive Oil
- First, cut the stem and the top of the artichoke off. It should look like it has a "flat top" vs. a more pointed shape.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Parmesan and the Bread Crumbs together.
- Take the artichoke and begin to stretch it out with your hands, trying to open up the vegetable a little bit to leave room for the filling.
- Place the artichoke in the bowl with the filling and begin to add into the vegetable. Make sure to continue to stretch the artichoke out a bit so that the filling does not just sit on the surface.
- After both artichokes have been stuffed, place them in a boiling point, with about 1/2" of water in it.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top, and cover for about 15-20 minutes. A way to check if its done is to stick a fork in the center, it should be able to go all the way through.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top for extra flavor.
- Plate and serve!