Ingredients: (serves 4 people)
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 packed of Brussel Sprouts (about 12)
- 4 Chicken Cutlets
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- 1 packed of Instant Quinoa (or if you have time make it from scratch)
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil (sprinkle)
- Lemon Juice (1/2 of a lemon)
- 1/3 of a cup of cranberries
- Sprinkle of Feta Cheese
- Splash of White Wine
For the Veggies:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Peel, pit and slice the Butternut Squash into cubes. Make sure you remove all of the seeds from the inside.
- Slice the Brussel Sprouts into a half.
- Place veggies onto a baking sheet - make sure to put some tin foil down first so that it is an easier clean up.
- Sprinkle some olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper onto the veggies. Mix around with a fork so it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are cooked all the way through.
For the Chicken:
- Season the chicken with some salt, pepper and a little bit of garlic or all-season salt.
- Place on high heat in a frying pan with a dash of olive oil.
- Chicken cutlets cook pretty quickly so it should only cook for about 2-3 minutes per side at the latest.
- To add some flavor to the chicken, add a splash of white wine to the pan after you flip the chicken to the other side.
- Make sure to check that the inside of the thickest part of the chicken is not pink.
Creating the Salad:
- Place about 2 cups of chopped kale and 1/3 cup of cranberries into a big mixing bowl
- Add the roasted veggies, pre-cooked quinoa into the bowl as well.
- Slice chicken cutlets into cubes and add into the salad.
- Sprinkle some feta cheese and the lemon juice and mix together.
- Add some additional pepper for extra flavor.
Plate and eat!