- 2 Apples - peeled and chopped into small squares
- 3 cups of Butternut Squash- peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of light cream
- 1 onion - minced
- Sprinkle of Olive Oil
- Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 cups of Chicken Stock
- Sprinkle of Nutmeg
- Set oven to 425 Degrees
- Place chopped Butternut Squash and Apples on a baking sheet. Season with olive oil as well as some salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Roast for about 30 minutes, or until the Apples and Squash have been cooked all the way through.
- In a soup pot, add minced onions and a sprinkle of olive oil. Cook until onions become clear.
- Add the Apples and Squash and mix. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 3 cups of the chicken broth and light cream to the pot as well as the fresh sage.
- Using an Immersion Blender (also known as a hand blender) mix the soup until the veggies have been completely pureed.
- Cook on low heat for about 5-10 more minutes.
- Add some fresh croutons on top of the soup and some fresh ground pepper for seasoning.
FOR CROUTONS: All you need is a few pieces of fresh french or italian bread cut into thick cubes. Place on a frying pan with some hot olive oil. Add salt and pepper to the bread and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the bread starts to brown. For extra flavor, add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese!