1 1/2 lbs Cod, fresh
1/2 cup Basil, fresh
1 pint Cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp Lemon, fresh zest
2 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
Drizzle of Olive Oil
1/4 cup White wine, dry
2 large cloves (or 3 smaller cloves) garlic, finely minced
For the Sauce:
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add crushed red pepper flakes and garlic and saute for 1 minute, or until garlic begins to cook.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and stir occasionally, until they soften or begin to blister. It should be about 8-10 minutes
4. Add in the white wine, stir, and allow the mixture to come to a light simmer. Stir in the basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set aside until needed.
For the Cod:
6. Heat oil in a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat.
7. Season both sides of cod with salt and pepper.
8. Place cod in the oil and cook until golden brown, which is about about 5 minutes per side.
9. Pour the white wine tomato basil sauce over the cod and serve at once.