Ingredients: (Note: This recipe makes enough for 2 pies!!!)
- 2 pre-made crusts (you can find these in the frozen food isle, usually by the frozen fruit)
- 10-12 eggs
- 2 cups of pre-chopped Pancetta
- 1 1/2 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 4 handfuls of fresh Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion- minced
- A tab of butter
- Set oven to 415 Degrees
- In a frying pan, add chopped onions and the tab of butter and mix.
- Add the Pancetta to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the pancetta starts to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes until the spinach begins to wilt. Add a dash of some salt and pepper.
- In a separate big bowl, crack eggs (make sure that you check for any broken shells).
- Add the 1/2 cup of cream and wisk until the mixture becomes "fluffy."
- Add the veggies from the stove into the bowl eggs and add the cheese and mix together.
- Add the mixture to the pie crust pan, sprinkle some extra cheese on top.
- Place in the oven. I like to put the pie crust/pan on top of a flat baking sheet so that just in case the quiche drips at all, it does not leave your oven messy. It is also easier to take out later.
- Cook for about 35-40 minutes. Make sure that the center of the pie is set, a way of checking this is taking knife or a tooth pick and poking the center, if it comes out clean, its done.
Make sure that you let the quiche cool for at least a few minutes before serving!