1 cup of white dry wine (usually a pino grigio)
4 cups of chicken stock
1 1/4 cup of Arborio Rice (fancy Italian rice)
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
a pinch of chopped sage
1 small pumpkin (see picture for size reference)
1 granny smith apple
2 italian sausages, cut up
1 small onion
3 tbsp of butter
Salt and Pepper
1. Put oven on to 400 degrees
2. Pee the pumpkin and chop into 1/2" cubes
3. Peel and chop the granny smith apple and chop into 1/2" cubes
4. Place on tin foul and a baking sheet and sprinkle some olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden.
5. For the Risotto: sprinkle some olive oil into a large boiling pan.
6. Chop onions and cook into pan until clear
7. Add butter and then add the risotto rice.
8. Mix the rice around and cook for about 2 minutes.
9. Then add white wine and mix for a minute or two until wine starts to soak in rice. The key to risotto is constant stirring and adding liquids.
10. Add 1 cup of the chicken broth and mix the rice around. Constantly keep checking on the rice. When the liquids start to get completely soaked up add the next cup of Chicken broth.
11. Do this for about 20 minutes until Risotto is tender but cooked, but not SOGGY.
12. Add chopped sage and then the parmesan cheese and turn off heat. Mix around.
13. For the sausage, cook on stove top until golden brown and then remove from heat and chop up into small pieces. Add the pieces into the rice. Then add the pumpkin and the apples into the rice as well. Mix around.
SERVE AND EAT!!
**Risotto doesn't take too long to make but it is a kind of dish that you have to watch and mix almost the whole time or else the rice will stick to the pot. Keep testing the rice with a spoon to check when its done, so that you don't over cook it!**