1 lb of Shrimp (uncooked or cooked)- i used frozen cooked shrimp for this recipe because it was the only kind of shrimp available at the store
Precut Pineapple (I used about 4 to 5 pieces of pineapple for this recipe
1 bag of Instant Rice
¾ to 1 cup of Coconut Milk
Corn on the Cob (fre$h)
Lime and Cilantro Spice or any kind of Cajun Spice
Salt and Pepper
1. Defrost Shrimp and then place onto a skilled. Heat until the remaining shrimp are fully defrosted.
2. Add the Cajun Spices, Salt and Pepper and a little lime and cook for about 2 minutes
3. Add the slices of Pineapple to the pan and add a little more of the Cajun Spices and squeeze a half of lime into the pan for flavor.
4. Cook for another minute or so - this is when you use precooked shrimp. For uncooked Shrimp then I would suggest cooking the raw shrimp first until the shrimp turns a pink color.
5. For the Rice: Use any kind of Instant Rice- substitute the water with coconut milk. I used just coconut juice and I regret it. It took way to long to cook. So I would use the milk instead and maybe add a dash of water. Instant Rice usually takes about 8-10 minutes to cook. I usually use the instant 90 second rice but for the rice to have the coconut flavor, you have to make it from scratch. Coconut rice is a bit of a thicker texture too and is a nice sweet addition to this meal.
6. Boil a pot of water and cook the corn for about 8-10 minutes. A way to check if the corn is done is take a fork and press into the corn, to make sure it isnt raw.
7. Chop up some avocado on the side for a side addition