1 cup of softened butter (melt in microwave for about a 1 m/1:15)
2 cups of flour
1 cup of confectioner sugar (1/2 cup goes in the cookie batter, the other 1/2 is used to decorate the cookie post baking)
1 cup of minced nuts : I used chopped pecans but you can use chopped walnuts, almonds or even hazelnuts!!)
Crystal sprinkles – so that it looks like ice
1. Add all of the power ingredients (flour and sugar) into a large bowl.
2. Add the melted butter to the bowl and mix with a spoon or with a mixer.
3. Then gradually add minced nuts to the dough and keep mixing.
4. Take a baking sheet and add the wax paper on the bottom so that the cookies do not stick. You can also use Pam cooking spray, but I think with cookies you get a better result with the paper.
5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet so that they are about 1-1 1/2” apart.
6. Bake on 350 degrees F for about 14-17 minutes until the bottom of the cookies are slightly brown.
Take out of oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Then pour the 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and the sprinkles onto a plate and roll each cookie into the powder.