2 chicken sausages
1 pack of mushrooms
½ of a small chopped onion
A sprinkle of bread crumbs (preferably an Italian blend but tonight I used whatever I had in the closet).
A sprinkle of parmesan cheese
Marinara sauce for the zucchini noodles
The “Veggeti” (this is the zucchini noodle make that I had discussed a few blog posts back)
2 cloves of garlic
1. For mushrooms - cut out the stem of the mushroom and chop finely into pieces
2. Chop 2 cloves of garlic and add to a sauté pan
3. Add chopped mushroom stems and stir quickly with a drop of olive oil.
4. Then add 1 egg to the mix and sauté for about 30 seconds. Also add the sprinkle of bread crumbs
5. Take mixture off stove and stuff into mushrooms - then place on plate and microwave for 8 minutes. You can also bake them but I was starving tonight so the microwave was just the easier, faster way to go.
6. For zucchini noodles, use the veggeti to create noodles
7. Cook on the pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper and a chopped garlic clove. You can also add some choppd onions too.
8. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on the stovetop
9. For the chicken sausage- cook on the pan for 3 to 4 min on each side. Dont forget to add a little bit of water to the pan. You do this so the sausage doesnt get dried out and also keeps the pan from smoking.