Jalapeno and Cilantro Hummus
- 2 cups drained well-cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 chopped Jalapeno
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chop Jalapeno, and place in a food processor. If you want it to be a bit spicier, leave the seeds in. Make sure to wash your hands immediately after.
- Drain Canned Chickpeas and to the food processor. Place the remaining ingredients in the food processor as well: cilantro and garlic cloves and fresh olive oil.
- Mix together in the food processor until it is in a pureed form.
- Serve with either sliced cucumber, a veggie assortment, pita chips or even use it as a spread on a sandwich!