-1 lb of Ground Turkey
-½ cup of Parmesan Cheese
-3/4 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs
-A dash of Garlic Powder
-A dash of minced dry onion flakes
-3 Small Cans of Chicken Broth
-3 Cups of Fresh Spinach
-1 minced onion
-1 Package of Precooked Tortellini (I used Bertolli)
-2 cans of diced tomatoes
-2 cans of Cannellini Beans
- Put 1 lb of Ground Turkey meat in a bowl
- Add 1 egg, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, 2 dashes of minced dry onions, salt and pepper, and a dash of garlic powder
- Mix with your hands. This is where it gets a bit messy but you need to knead the meat and the ingredients together in order for it all to be mixed properly. (make sure to wash your hands prior, we are all adults here, lets keep it clean and hygienic)
- Roll meatballs into ½ ” balls and place on a nonstick pan
- Place in broiler for about 3 to 4 min per side. This is where you really need to watch them. Do not just put on a kitchen timer and walk away from the kitchen. Broilers are open flames. These bad boys can burn in 5 seconds if you don’t keep and eye on them
**I usually flip them twice and then cut one to check to make sure its been cooked all the way through.
- Put a dash of olive oil into a large cooking pot and add minced onions. Cook until the onions are clear.
- Add canned tomatoes, fresh spinach and cannellini beans to the pot and mix. Make sure to drain the beans before adding them to the soup.
- Add 3 cans of chicken broth to the pot and stir.
- Add salt, pepper, and some parsley seasoning to the pot. Even some garlic powder will add some flavor to the soup.
- Once the soup starts to boil, add the meatballs and the tortellini to the soup and cook for 7 minutes on low heat until the pasta is soft/cooked all the way through.
- Add some parmesan cheese to the top of the soup when plating.
Plate and Serve!