- 1 lb of Ground Turkey
- 1 chopped White Onion
- 2 cans of Cannellini Beans
- 1 large can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups of chopped Broccoli Rabe (make sure to cut most of the stem off for this recipe)
- 1 cup of Chopped Mushrooms
- 4-5 sweet peppers (chopped)
- Sprinkle of Salt/Pepper
- Dash of Basil and Chili Powder
- 2 pinches of Saffron
- 1 bay leaf
- Chop white onion and place in a large pot with a splash of olive oil. Cook on high until onions become clear.
- Add ground turkey to the pot. Make sure the break up the meat with your cooking spoon. Cook until the meat has almost fully browned (no pink).
- Add chopped peppers and mushrooms to the pot and cook for a a minute or two minutes then add the broccoli rabe. Cook until the broccoli rabe begins to wilt down a bit. Make sure to add the Bay leaf during this step.
- Open the two cans of Cannellini Beans and add to the pot. Make sure to include the liquid in the can. Do not drain.
- Add the entire can of tomato sauce - this could be any can of sauce that you would use for spaghetti.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, saffron, basil and chili powder and continue to stir.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes, sprinkle some parmesan cheese to each bowl and serve!