For Homemade Pasta:
- 3 ½ cups of Unbleached Flour + a little extra flour for the kneading and rolling of the pasta dough
- 3 Eggs
- A splash of water if needed
- Salt- for the pasta water
For Prosciutto and Truffle Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup of chopped Spec (Smoked Prosciutto)
- 2-3 tablespoons of black truffle/mushroom (canned)
- 3/4 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup of light cream
- ¾ cup of parmesan cheese
- A pinch of salt/pepper
- A pinch of chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- Place 3 cups of flour on a flat surface, preferably a cutting board.
- Create a hole in the middle of the flour, so it looks almost like a flour volcano.
- Crack eggs and add to the center of the flour.
- With a fork, start to slowly mix the flour into the egg. Use the flour to block the eggs from running off of the cutting board.
- Once the egg is mixed into the flour, you can start to knead the dough. (This is a little bit labor intensive, but it’s a great arm workout! )
- You should knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes, or until all of the flour has been condensed into the ball of dough. Add some of the extra flour into the mix so that it Is easier to knead. You can also add a sprinkle of water if the dough seams to dry.
- After dough is fully kneaded, place in a plastic bag or saran wrap for 20 minutes in room temperature.
- Remove wrapping and cut dough into 3 pieces, so it is easy to roll out.
- Using a baking roller, roll the pasta dough out so that it is even and thin.
- Fold the pasta up, not tightly, so that it resembles a burrito roll up. It should be about 1 1/2” in width for each fold.
- Slice the roll up into thin, ¼” slices, with each roll, open it up and lay it flat on a baking sheet until all of the pasta dough is cut. You can add a little more flour to the cutting board to help roll out the dough.
- Repeat 9-11 until all the dough is used up.
- Bring to a boil a large pot of salted water.
- Add the pasta into the water and cook for about 3-5 minutes. This pasta cooks QUICK, so it is important to watch it.
- Add a sprinkle of olive oil to a frying pan. Add minced garlic and mix.
- Add Mushrooms as well as the chopped Prosciutto to the frying pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Make sure to mix it around.
- Next, is to add the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 1 to 2 more minutes on the frying pan.
- Turn the heat to a lower temperature, and add the cream and Parmesan cheese. Make sure to mix all the way through and if needed, add a little additional cream to make sure the sauce doesn’t get too thick.
- Let it simmer on low heat for a few more minutes, mix in the fresh pasta and serve. Make sure to add a dash of the chopped basil on top of the pasta for flavor.