· 1 lb of Ground Turkey
· 1 small bag of Yukon potatoes
· 2 cucumbers
· 2 lemons
· a container of cherry tomatoes
· 2 minced garlic cloves
· Fage Greek Yogurt
· Bread Crumbs- any flavor will do, but because this is more of a greek dish I wouldn’t use an Italian seasoned bread crumb.
· 1 small container of feta cheese
For Tzatziki sauce:
1. Take 1 container of plain greek yogurt (I used Fage Total 0%– the plainer the better) and place in bowl
2. Peel a cucumber and mince into small pieces (see picture) – add to bowl
3. Add 1 teaspoon of dill, 2 minced cloves of garlic, salt and pepper
4. Cut a half of a lemon and squeeze into bowl.
5. Mix and taste, if you feel like it needs more salt or pepper or even some more dill, this is where your taste buds come in and you can edit accordingly.
1. Put 1 lb of Ground Turkey meat in a bowl (this meat can be substituted ground chicken, ground lamb or even beef—I chose turkey because my mom has been using it for years, its leaner and its just a healthier food choice)
2. Add 1 egg, 1 cup of bread crumbs, 1 small container of feta cheese, 2 dashes of minced dry onions and a splash of dill.
3. Mix with your hands. This is where it gets a bit messy but you need to knead the meat and the ingredients together in order for it all to be mixed properly. (make sure to wash your hands prior, we are all adults here, lets keep it clean and hygienic)
4. Roll meatballs into 1” balls and place on a nonstick pan
5. Place in broiler for about 3 to 4 min per side. This is where you really need to watch them. Do not just put on a kitchen timer and walk away from the kitchen. Broilers are open flames. This bad boys can burn in 5 seconds if you don’t keep and eye on them
6. I usually flip them twice and then cut one to check to make sure its been cooked all the way through.
For Tomato and Cucumber Salad:
1. Chop 1 whole cucumber
2. Slice cherry tomatoes in half (I used half of those cherry tomato containers)
3. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice
For Lemon Potatoes:
1. Use those baby Yukon potatoes from one of my previous recipes and slice into ¼” inch thick slices.
2. Place in one of those pyrex-glass containers (uncovered)
3. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, some lemon juice and even some all season salt.
4. Head in microwave for 8 minutes or until potatoe is cooked all the way through.
Add all the components together as you would a taco! Use either corn tortillas or even a flat bread, then substitute the lettuce with the tomato and cucumber salad, then add the meat balls on top and finish it off with the tzatziki sauce (to substitute the salsa). The potatoes are served on the side!! You can add some Feta cheese on top as well to add even more flavor.