- 2 flank steaks
- A bundle of Asparagus
- White Wine or Cooking Wine for Extra Flavor
- Handful of chopped Scallions
- Lemon Juice (for Flavor)
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Sprinkle of Garlic Powder
- Splash of Olive Oil
- Before cooking the asparagus, make sure to cut the bottom portion off. This will guarantee the vegetable does not taste "chewy."
- Cook the asparagus on a stove top pan with a little salt and pepper and garlic powder. Do not forget to add a little bit of olive oil so that the veggies do not burn. Allow at least a 5 minute cooking time or until the asparagus begins to lightly soften. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to also jolt the flavor.
- Place veggies on a separate plate after cooking before adding to the meat.
- Take the raw flank steaks and lie them flat. Season the steak on both sides and place veggies on top of the steak. Make sure to not add too much asparagus because the steak will not be able to wrap.
- Wrap the steak up like a burrito and close with about 4 tooth picks.
- Place on a saute pan and add a generous splash of soy sauce, a dash of sherry cooking wine or any white wine. Add some chopped scallions for extra seasoning.
- Cook each side for about a minute or two (depending on how cooked you want it).
- Cover the pan for about 1 to 2 minutes to make sure it is cooked all the way through.
- Plate and serve.