(For this recipe you will need a Crock-Pot)
- 1 (4 lbs) Corned Beef Brisket (with the spice packet)
- 6 sliced Redskin Potatoes
- 2 chopped Onions (peeled)
- 6 oz of Beer
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 of a chopped Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 1 French Onion Packet
- Chop onions, carrots and potatoes and place in the crock pot.
- Add French Onion seasoning into the pot and mix.
- Remove the Corned Beef from packaging and add the Spice packet on top of the Beef. Place on top of the vegetables.
- Add 6 oz. of Beer to the crock pot and 4 cups of water.
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning.
- Cook on Low Heat for 8 hours, or 4 1/2 on high heat.
For the cabbage: I like to cook this separately from the crock pot.
- In a boiling pot, add 1/4 pot full of water and begin to heat.
- Add 1/2 of a cabbage, chopped into the pot and cover for about 5-8 minutes or until the cabbage has been fully steamed.
- Drain and place back into the pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and salt and pepper for seasoning.
Plate and Serve!