- 2 Chicken Breasts (cut up into cubes)
- 1 packet of Steak Tips (in the store it might say "Stew Tips")
- 2 skewers (for chicken)
- Sprinkle of Paprika
- Sprinkle of Garlic Powder
- Sprinkle of Cumin or Cumin Salt
- 2 Onions (1 for Chicken, 1 for Steak)
- A few Italian Sweet Peppers
- 1 Steak Tomato
- 1 Green and 1 Yellow Zucchini Squash
- Instant Jasmine Rice from Uncle Ben's ( if you are in a time crunch)- if not you can use regular Jasmine Rice
- A small pinch of Saffron (seriously small- this spice costs $18 bucks for a small container so use it with caution)
- Dollop of Butter
Fresh Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 small single serving of Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1/4 of a peeled minced cucumber
- 1/2 of a squeezed lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt/Pepper/Sprinkle of Garlic Powder
For Chicken /Steak Kebabs:
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Take Skewers and alternate on each a tomato, a pepper, an onion and a piece of chicken.
- Take tin foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Add spices (paprika, s/p, garlic salt, cumin) onto the chicken and rub into meat.
- For the extra veggies as well as the zucchini and Italian peppers , place on either the same baking sheet or a separate baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil and salt/pepper on the for flavor.
- Place in oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. You should flip the skewers every 10-12 minutes.
- I ended up only having 2 skewers on hand, so for the steak I sautéed the steak tips in a frying pan (adding the same spices I did on the chicken) and adding onions in for flavor.
For Saffron Rice:
- Cook or Microwave Rice and place in a small bowl.
- Add Dollop of Butter, Salt and Pepper and Mix.
- Add a small pinch of saffron to the rice and mix again.
For Tzatziki Sauce:
- Place one small container of Greek Yogurt into bowl.
- Peel and mince 1/4 of a cucumber and 1 garlic clove and add to yogurt.
- Squeeze 1/2 of a lemon into mix, making sure to remove seeds.
- Add salt, pepper and place into the fridge until served.