- 4 potatoes (peeled and diced into cubes)
- 1/4" cup of cream
- 1 cup of chopped steamed cabbage
- 3 chopped pieces of bacon
- 1 minced green onion
- 4 banger sausage (pork sausage)
- Guinness Beer (about 1/2 of a can)
- 1/2 of a chopped onionn
- Start with peeling and slicing potatoes. Place potatoes in a boiling pot of water and cook until the potatoes are cooked all the way through.
- In a frying pan, cook 3 pieces of bacon. Cook bacon until crispy, but do not forget to flip each side. It takes about 5 to 7 minutes to cook depending on the bacons thickness. When cooking bacon, do not forget to drain the bacon grease into a coffee mug so it does not clog your sink!!
- Place bacon on a plate with a paper towl, cool then chop into small pieces.
- After potatoes are cooked, add 1 cup of steamed cabbage, the bacon, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 green onion, salt and pepper and 2 splashes of milk or heavy cream. Mash up!!!!
- Taste as you mash!!
- Do not wash the pan from the bacon!!! The bacon grease will help the flavor for when you cook the bangers.
- Add 1/2 cup of minced onions to the frying pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook until onions become clear.
- Add bangers to the frying pan. Make sure the pan is on high heat!!
- Cook for about 3 minutes then add a splash of Guinness beer! Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, adding a splash of beer as you cook. Then flip the sausage.
- Cook the sausages until the center is cooked through. Depending on how thick the sausage is, it can take about 8-10 minutes. Just watch it as you cook, and do not be afraid to cut through and check the center.
- Plate and add the sautéed onions on top!!! The Guinness caramelizes the onions!!
Pair this dish with some Irish Soda Bread and a nice cold glass of Guinness!! Enjoy and Happy St. Patricks Day!