- 2 Cooked Chicken Breasts (from a Rotisserie Chicken)- make sure to pull the meat apart
- Chicken Stock 32 oz.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 minced white onion
- 2 cups of Orzo Pasta or any small Noodle
- 2 Lemons
- 1/2 cup of Feta Cheese
- 2-3 handfulls of lightly chopped fresh spinach
- A few pinches of Saffron
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- Splash of Olive Oil.
1. Add a splash of olive oil to a large boiling pot. Place minced onions and garlic clove into pot and stir. Cook for a minute of two until onions begin to become clear. Add some salt and pepper.
2. Add Chicken Stock into the pot as well as water and cook on medium heat.
3. Cut the breasts out of the Rotisserie chicken and make sure to pull apart the meat with your hands or a fork.
4. Place pulled chicken into the soup and cook for about 5 minutes. Make sure to stir. If you want some additional flavor, you can add some minced skin from the Rotisserie chicken into the broth. Add the sprinkle of saffron and the chopped spinach into the pot.
5. With a lemon squeezer, or just with your hands, cut 2 lemons in half and squeeze the juice out entirely. Then place the rest of the lemon into the broth for extra flavor.
6. Add 2 cups of the orzo to the broth and cook for 5 more minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
7. Sprinkle of the Feta Cheese into the pot and mix.
8. Place in a bowl and serve hot! If you want additional flavor, I like to add a dash of Feta cheese to the soup!